1. What payment options are available for international transactions? How does each option protect the interests of the exporter and the importer? 2. What factors impact mode selection for global transportation? 3. Why would companies use ocean transportation versus air freight service to move international freight?
Category: Nursing essays
1. How are air cargo rates calculated? Calculate the cost of international air transportation for the following shipment: 200 cartons of fine jewelry weighing a total of 2,500 pounds. The carton dimensions are 18 inches by 12 inches by 12 inches (L × W × H). The freight rate is $10.25 per pound. […]
What combination of intermodal services would be most beneficial for the following products? a. Lumber moving from British Columbia, Canada, to London, England b. Seedless grapes moving from Valparaiso, Chile, to Phoenix, Arizona c. iPhones moving from Zhengzhou, China, to Johannesburg, South Africa
1. When developing transportation routes for global freight, what considerations should influence the decision maker? 2. If you need to move two TEUs of Adidas footwear from the factory in Vung Tau, Vietnam to the European distribution center in Antwerp, Belgium, what route options should be considered? Which would you choose?
1. What value do ancillary service providers bring to global transportation execution? Discuss the roles of a. International freight forwarders b. NVOCCs c. Export packers 2. Why is documentation important to global transportation? Briefly describe the primary documents used to facilitate global cargo flows. 3. Identify and briefly describe the six steps […]
3D Printers for the Masses Bobby Cook is trying to capture the attention of Black Friday shoppers for OptiShop, a discount chain with 1,500 stores in Canada and the United States. Bobby wants to offer a tabletop 3D printer at a price point of $299 that rivals more expensive options from Dell and […]
As the Blade Turns Revolving Wings (RW) is a Kalamazoo, Michigan, manufacturer of equipment for the renewable energy sector. The company has a strong domestic market for their fiberglass composite wind turbine blades. Still, RW has some excess plant capacity and is investigating opportunities to enter the export market. Demand for turbine blades […]
1. Why are transportation policy, regulation, and planning important? How do they feed off each other? 2. What are the primary themes or goals of U.S. national transportation policy? 3. What groups play a role in the development of national transportation policy? What roles does each group take?
1. How has common law provided a basis for the government’s regulation of transportation in the United States? 2. Why is the judicial system involved in transportation policy and regulation? 3. What roles do individual states play in transportation regulation? 4. Identify the four primary types of transportation regulation. Describe the […]
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of increasing transportation safety and security regulations. Be sure to include both transportation providers and transportation users in your discussion. 2. Identify and describe the four major eras of transportation regulation. 3. What is the rationale for the public promotion of transportation? 4. Which mode […]