Directions: You are invited to discuss each of the following
with your site supervisor and, where possible, gather specific reference or
documentation regarding federal, state, and local laws or organizational
policies governing practice.
1. What is the minimum documentation required when working
with a client?
2. What are the data to be included in my
3. Are there special provisions for keeping records
regarding minors, those with disabilities, or the aged? Are there special
provisions based on presenting issues (e.g., drug and alcohol abuse, physical
abuse, STD, suicidal/homicidal risk, or other mandated, etc.) or federal and
state laws such as HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
or FERPA (The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)?
4. What are the policies regarding storage, maintenance, and
disposal of records?
5. Are there any other policies/practices at the field
location governing documentation?