Nursing is one of the most demanding professions in the medical science. It is a noble profession and studying it provides a groundwork for student nurses so that they are well-versed with the demands of the profession.
A nursing student is expected to research a particular topic and present a thesis on the same as a part of earning a degree. With this, deciding on a topic for the research project is crucial and often a challenging task. This is especially difficult as there is a lot of hard work involved in conducting extensive research and then writing a comprehensive report on any subject that a student has chosen. Therefore, it is imperative to choose the right research topic.
This article aims to provide ideas for research topics that is related to nursing. For students who are taking up nursing, you may choose from any of the topics mentioned in this article as a part of your research.
A Study of Patient Abuse in Nursing Facilities
- In this, you may incorporate a review of federal regulations that are in place in order to control patient abuse. Staffing related issues, lack of experienced professionals, and other factors leading to abuse and government regulations would be other things that need to be talked about.
A Study of Cardiocirculatory emergency techniques and equipment, as well as researching their effectiveness in patient care.
A Study on the role of a nephrology nurse in dialysis hospitals and homes.
- In this study, you may also study the level of competency expected in theoretical and technological handling, since several sophisticated equipment are used for dialysis nowadays.
A Study on patients with Dementia
- You may focus on the evaluation of a Night Monitoring System’s performance for tracking the nighttime activities of patients suffering from dementia.
A Study on Pregnancy and Labor:
- You may choose from the following
- Research on induction of synthetic form of oxytocin for augmentation and administration during labor, and the possible risks of the same.
- Study of how VBAC or Vaginal Birth after Cesarean can serve as an option for women who have had C-section deliveries previously.
- A research on the pathophysiology of pregnancy and the effect that risky delivery circumstances can have on the child and the mother.
A Study or Exploration of Neuman’s model or Neuman’s theory incorporating issues associated with nurse-patient interaction.
Ethic and Nursing Philosophy Topics for Research that can be focused on different issues such as:
- Bio-ethical principles that should be in place in the field of medicine.
- Importance of medical ethics in today’s online world.
You may explore employment change and industry specific expected growth in jobs according to various government agencies. You can also study job prospects associated with advanced nursing specialties and the salary of a nurse.
These are just a few suggestions that a nursing can use in order to come up with different research topics. Likewise, these topics just serve as a rough guideline that can help you decide on a topic. Good luck with your research.