The Capstone Project is the culminating experience… 1 answer below »

The Capstone Project The Capstone Project is the culminating experience in the MHA degree program and successful completion is required for the granting of the degree. Students will develop a comprehensive and updated literature review of a specific area of interest within the health care delivery system. This project allows students to integrate their increased knowledge, skills, and competencies in health care administration and management by formulating a research question, performing a literature review, and identifying best practices or evidence-based recommendations. Your topic may arise from your employment situation, from your educational interests or, if neither of these sources are fruitful, from a list of emerging issues provided by the course director of the 7081 course, Understanding Emerging Issues in Health Systems Management: Introduction to the Capstone. Capstone and the 7081 course are complementary, simultaneous, and intricately intertwined. Students are encouraged to consider potential topics for their capstone at any time during their MHA studies, whenever they encounter a challenging problem or issue in their workplace, or a topic of particular interest in their coursework. Equally importantly, students should consider the identification of a mentor who can assist them with addressing each issue of interest, since this is a Capstone requirement. Once a potential topic is identified, a preliminary look at the relevant professional literature will aid the student in considering whether, or how, he or she might best proceed with the topic of interest. All students will be required to identify at least a general capstone topic, and identify a professional mentor, by the start of the 7081 course in their final MHA semester. A preliminary review by the student may occur prior to the 7081 course, although approval for the topic will be delayed until the start of the course. As far as a mentor, we suggest you to choose someone knowledgeable about your topic and in your local organization if possible. This person should be senior enough that he/she can open doors and make resources available to you if needed, be able to give constructive criticism and some guidance on your project, etc. Most students choose someone senior in their chain of command, since most of our students are currently working and hope to make their Capstone something that can help their local organization (who is often helping to pay for your degree). Students will communicate with their mentor on a regular basis and retain a written record of these interactions. Mentors should assist students through the Capstone and should help resolve project challenges. The MHA Capstone Project Approval Form must be filled out and signed by each student and the student’s mentor and be turned in by the required due date. This process is required in the 7081 course. York: 7099 SS16 The Capstone Project Written Paper Requirements 1. Title of Project 2. Research Question 3. Introduction/Statement of the Problem 4. Background/Rationale 5. Literature Review 6. Results 7. Recommendations 8. Conclusion 9. References (20 references minimum, APA format) Additional requirements • Length: 16 to 25 pages not including title page and references • Double spaced • 1-inch margins • Font: Times New Roman, 12-point • References: 75% must be from reviewed journals with the other 25% from reputable sources Capstone Project Discussion Board A Discussion Board is available to all students to exchange thoughts and ideas. Sharing through the Discussion Board is encouraged in order to connect with peers and to discuss the many aspects of the literature review experience as well as to network with colleagues.

Attachments:

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
The Capstone Project is the culminating experience… 1 answer below »
For as low as $7/Page
Order Essay

The-Capstone-….pdf

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

*

*